Monday, December 9, 2013

Good-bye Contact Paper, Hello Fabric!

DSC_0162
I’m happy to report that I finally, FINALLY, finished peeling off the stubborn contact paper from Charley’s thrifted dresser drawers.  My fingers are killing me and my blood pressure is probably seriously raised, but it’s done. 
Way back in September when I first shared this dresser project, moving Charley into her new room seemed like a lifetime away.  Now that “move-in day” is in a couple weeks (yikes!), I realized it was now or never.  Her clothes were going to need a place to live and the grimy contact paper-lined drawers were not going to cut it.
DSC_0188
I waited until every single drawer was prepped and cleaned before I added any fabric.  It was sort of the light at the end of my contact paper covered tunnel.  I chose three different yet complimentary fabrics and used spray adhesive to attach the pieces to the bottom of each drawer.
Collage
DSC_0162
Now the inside of the drawers look as pretty as the outside! 
DSC_0166 Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment