Our master bedroom is in serious need of an overhaul. There are bits and pieces that I like, but there's a lot that I don't. Exhibit A: The duvet cover that Libby helped herself to...for dinner.
I need a vision for the space or else I'll just keep talking about how much I hate it but never do anything about it. So tada! I bring to you my vision by way of a moodboard.
It's a little bit masculine, a little bit feminine, a little bit rustic, and a little bit modern. Let's call this modern rustic coziness, shall we?
Now let's break it down, piece by piece.
- Bedding: I love this quilt from West Elm and we definitely need something dark, seeing as we have a big black dog that hops aboard rather frequently. And the pillow...duh, I love stripes.
- Chest of drawers: We have a dresser and chest of drawers like this already, however, they're black-brown. I would love them to be white to add a little brightness to the room. Perhaps I'll paint them.
- Chair and stool: I couldn't find a solid color chair so I went ahead and added this floral one to the board. We already have a chair in the room this shape and color (but solid, not floral). The stool is from Target and I want it every time I see it.
- Lamps: The table lamp is from Land of Nod and I need it. The floor lamp is just inspiration for one I'd like to find while thrifting.
- Rug: I think a sheepskin rug on either side of the bed would add fun texture. Not to mention it would be super cozy to plant your feet on each morning.
- Bed: I love love LOVE this bed from West Elm. It's like a million dollars (not really), but it's more than I'd like to spend. My hope is to DIY a headboard with a similar look.
So there you have it. My vision. Who thinks it will actually come to life?Pin It