After living with the bay window curtains for a little while, I realized I needed to add a backing to them. Originally it was just one layer of fabric and the light was shining through, which didn't look very good. I ended up using another layer of the same fabric because I had enough leftover. The extra layer makes them seem more substantial (or something) on the window.
While I was at it, I added a trim of pom pom ribbon to the bottom. I think it softens it a little and the color ties in with the kitchen window curtains. B.J. asked if I was finally going to iron the curtain while I had it down. I said yes. But oops, I didn't do it yet. I better get on that.