But let me back up a bit to the curtain itself. I wanted a simple valance so I bought three yards of fabric, yellow with tiny grey polka dots. I cut the fabric to the length and width I needed and used double sided fabric tape to hem the edges. First of all, I didn't even know such a thing existed. I was looking for hemming tape that you iron between two pieces of fabric, but I came across the no sew, no iron tape. Perfecto.
The polka dots were super helpful when I was putting the tape in a straight line. I just used them as a guide so I didn't have to measure to keep it straight.
Then, I peeled the back off the tape and folded over my fabric to create the hem.
Oh hi, Charley! Did you ever wonder where Charley is when I'm doing these little projects? She's either sleeping or at my feet, DIYing along with me. And by DIYing, I actually mean banging her metal mixing bowls on the floor and making a mad dash to Libby's water bowl.
Once the curtain was hemmed all the way around, I used string to add seven loops to the top. I attached the string with fabric glue and left it to dry for a few hours.
Then, I measured where to hang the ceiling hooks so they'd match up with the loops. I drilled the holes and screwed them into the ceiling.
It was such a gloomy, rainy day when I tried to snap some pics of the new curtains all hung up and looking pretty. Needless to say, they aren't that good. In fact, I'm going to wait for a sunshiny day to try again and I'll update you if I get a better shot that captures how they really look. Until then...